Resources and channels for students to get involved in community engagement work.
Description of Opportunities:
Students’ skills are welcomed within a number of different opportunities in community engagement. From student paid positions to volunteering through STUN, these varying means of community engagement are a great way to learn more about the surrounding community and the implications of power and knowledge within a SCI-Arc education. At the intersection of architecture and social responsibility work are opportunities to put theory into practice. We welcome you in learning more about community engagement through curricular and co-curricular programs and resources to accomplish work such as training and advising.
- Volunteer opportunities with local groups/organizations
- Community-based courses
- Internships and paid positions
Contact Community Engagement Coordinator Jonathan Chan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for other inquiries and interests.
- Advising: Support for students conducting community engagement work through classes, research, and other programs is available while working with communities in LA and/or historically marginalized populations.
- Training: Support for students looking to build working knowledge around community engagement frameworks and principles such as asset-based thinking and sustainable partnership building.
- Network Building: Support for receiving resources and contacts to deepen understanding and practice within community engagement is also available.