Resources and channels for faculty and staff to get involved in community engagement work.
Description of Opportunities:
As a part of SCI-Arc's larger DEI mission, one main objective is to create mutually beneficial partnerships with greater Los Angeles County. SCI-Arc faculty and staff can become involved with community engagement via pathways such as curricular engagement and community-based research. Resources like workshops and consultations are available to faculty and staff in the processes of learning how to build community-based programming and creating partnerships with local organizations. Potential for collaboration on public programs and speaking engagements are also available as an area of support.
- Outreach program development and support
- Community-based courses
- Research projects
- Organizing or supporting public programs
- Consultation: Support for classes, research, and other projects are available to faculty and staff partaking in activities with communities in LA and/or historically marginalized populations.
- Partnership Development: Support for building connections to groups and organizations is available to faculty and staff that are looking to build lasting relationships of community engagement through courses, longstanding SCI-Arc programs, and others.
- Network Building: Support for receiving resources and contacts to deepen understanding and practice within community engagement is also available.
Contact Community Engagement Coordinator Jonathan Chan by emailing email@example.com for other inquiries and interests.