Financing your SCI-Arc education is an important process. College is possible for everyone, and a variety of financial aid options are available to help with the costs.

As you consider the value of a SCI-Arc education, the U.S. Department of Education has developed a useful and informative website to help you plot your road to college. In order to be considered for need-based financial aid—including loans, grants, scholarships, and Federal Work-Study—you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online.

Make sure to indicate that you will be applying to SCI-Arc—our federal school code is 014073. The FAFSA requests data from your (or your parents’, if you are a dependent student) federal income tax return. If it is not yet completed by our priority deadline, you should report estimated tax figures on the FAFSA. After your FAFSA has been processed and tax returns have been filed, you will have the opportunity to correct your estimates.

Your financial aid award, or “package,” will be comprised of those types of financial aid for which you are eligible.


Federal Pell Grant (Pell)

The Pell Grant is awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a Bachelor's or professional degree. Award amounts are based on the student's level of need and enrollment status. If the student is enrolled less than full-time, the award will be prorated.

NOTE: the disbursed amount will be adjusted based on registration changes (add/drops) completed through the fourth week of classes (Census). As a result of any enrollment changes, your award eligibility may increase or decrease. A decrease in eligibility may result in a bill.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This grant is awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Funding for this grant is very limited; first priority is given to students with the lowest Expected Family Contributions (EFCs) who receive a Pell Grant and who apply by February 23 (priority application filing deadline). You must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units to receive the award.


Federal Education Loans

Education loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid with interest. They are also the most prevalent type of financial assistance. Many students, and their parents, will turn to some form of loan aid as a way of closing the gap between educational expenses and available resources. You can make better choices if you have a comprehensive understanding of educational loan options.

By filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), loans may be included as part of your financial aid award. Most students and their families are eligible for some form of federal educational loan assistance. We highly recommend that you file a FAFSA, regardless of income. To be eligible to receive funding from the federal loan programs, you must meet the general eligibility requirements for the Federal Financial Aid programs.

Notice to students: An individual may contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint. The Bureau may be contacted at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400 Sacramento, CA 95833,, telephone (916) 431-6924 fax (916) 263-1897.